Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Training and now off to Albania!

I am currently sitting at Hotel Malenovice in Malenovice, Czech Republic. We (110 other interns and 100 plus JV staff members, serving in 14 different countries) have now been here for 5 days. I could go on and on about how incredible this time has been. I see how necessary this time is for each intern to prepare their hearts and minds for the summer ahead. Not only have we gotten to learn about how to run English camps, the history and purpose of Josiah Venture, but we also have had time to sit, rest, go before the Lord in worship, prayer and fellowship. If you can't already tell, I am so thankful for this time.

Here is a picture of the hotel, owned by Josiah Venture. Through this hotel they have been able to house many people throughout the year and host conferences.

Last night Dave Patty, the president of Josiah Venture, shared how this organization has grown and how they received this hotel. God has blessed the obedience and open hearts of a young couple's (the Patty's) desire to reach the youth in central and eastern Europe after the fall of Communism. Did you know that less than 1% of eastern and central Europeans are evangelical Christians? If you are interested in learning more about Josiah Venture; their history, the countries they serve in and their values, please go visit their website HERE

In effort to organize the many thoughts I have, I am going to simply list a few of the things that have happened and that I have learned.

- In being here, surrounded by people representing 17 different cultures, I have been given a glimpse into the big God we serve. The people here are different in a variety of ways. They come from different backgrounds, have completely different cultural norms, different food preferences, different quirks and yet they are here. Some are here for the summer some are serving full time. The one thing that unites these people is that they have "the same mind, the same love" by being united in Christ. (Philippians 2) We are here because Christ has saved us and called us to share the good news with the nations. Whether or not the Lord allows me to live overseas in my future, I pray that I would never be too far removed from people of various nations.
- Here is a picture of Bethany and I with our new friends from Estonia. We have been able to share sweet times of talking about how the Lord saved us, how we were brought here and what our countries are like.

- The amazing race was an awesome chance to see the city of Prague, meet a ton of people and also be worn out and speed by any jet lag. Here is my team. We got second place out of 22 teams!

How can you pray for Bethany and I? 
-  Pray that we would be faithful in the  small tasks the Lord provides us with.
- We are doing 6 camps, English and volleyball this summer (more details to come). Would you pray for the hearts of the youth who will hear the message of Jesus for the first time? Pray that they would be soft, open and excited to their Heavenly Father and that they would have the opportunity to be involved in the local church in Albania.
- Pray for the leaders of the youth in Albania. They are the ones who day to day will be living life with the kids that come to camp. Pray for their strength, their initiative to disciple the students, and their personal relationship's with the Lord.

We will arrive in Albania tonight and in Pogradec tomorrow morning! We are SO excited!!

- Kate

1 comment:

  1. Keeping you in prayer, Katelyn! What beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete