Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Itinerary

Because I leave in a few hours and do not have much time, I am simply going to post the itinerary I have made up for the summer so that those that read this can know how to pray for me and my team. I had originally intended on sending out emails, but I think this is the better medium to give updates to those that want it. I plan to use this site to post an update or two a week to keep those who have dearly supported me both in finances, friendship, and prayer, updated on what the Lord is allowing me to walk through in Albania. Thank you!

Tuesday May 26
Leave LAX at 3:10
Arrive in Frankfurt


Wednesday May 27
Leave Frankfurt
Arrive in Prague (where the Race starts)


Wednesday May 27-Friday May 29: The Amazing race
This is something Josiah Venture does every year with their interns to develop team unity. There are 12 European countries that JV has interns in. Each country has 2-8 interns, which are broken down into teams. I will be on a team with Bethany Ester (the other Albanian intern) and the Romania interns. Bethany and I will spend a lot of time together this summer, so when you pray for me, please pray for her as well. She is incredible. We have been told to brace ourselves for these three days because we will do 10-12 hours of walking/running.


Saturday May 30 - Tuesday June 2: Training
After the Amazing Race, we will be led to the training site in Malenovice, Czech Republic. All Josiah Venture interns will be here. It will be a time to be trained in cultural, biblical and relational principles.


Wednesday June 3
Train back to Prague
Hang out in Prague until flight
Flight from Prague to Slovenia
     Slovenia to Tirana, Albania


Thursday June 4
Bethany and I will stay in a hotel until Cory picks us up in the morning. Then we will drive from Tirana to Pogradec (their town) which is about a three hour drive.


June 5-August 8
Pogradec, Albania
More details about camps and specific ways to pray to come!

With much anticipation, joy and love
Kate



1 comment:

  1. Praying for you to experience the work of Christ in the lives of the Albanians, as well as your own. Take it all in: the Amazing Race, the relationships, opportunity for the Gospel, and the lessons learned along the way.

    ReplyDelete